Professional and Affordable Web Design
0800 080 5401
Help Our Heroes Campaign - Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the supply of a free website as advertised on Mutiny Design's sponsorship page for Help for Heroes. Please read them carefully as they list the obligations of supplier and customer and as such can be regarded as forming a contract between the two parties. If you are interested in obtaining a free website but do not agree to these Terms and Conditions (hereafter referred to as Conditions), please do not continue with your donation.
These Conditions shall prevail over any inconsistent terms or conditions contained, or referred to, on the developer's website or implied by law, trade custom, practice or course of dealing.
Definitions and Interpretation
The definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply to these Conditions.
Application means the software application consisting of a website and content management system and referred to in its entirety as the Help for Heroes free website.
Customer means the person or company who orders a free website from Mutiny Design.
Developer means Re-Route UK Ltd trading as Mutiny Design, Network House, Oxon Business Park, Shrewsbury, SY3 5AB.
The pronouns we, our and us are used in these Conditions to denote the developer. The pronouns you, your, they and their are used to denote the customer.
Words in the singular include the plural. Words in the plural include the singular.
SEO is an abbreviation of the term Search Engine Optimization.
Headings in these Conditions shall not affect their interpretation.
General: Donations and Acceptance
- All donations must be made prior to ordering your website and must be made via the Mutiny Design Bmycharity.com portal.
- Continuing to the donation page by clicking on the Donate button constitutes agreement with and acceptance of these Conditions.
- We agree to provide the customer with a fully functional website and content management system free of charge in exchange for a donation to the Help for Heroes charity of £20.00 or more.
- The content management system will give the customer full control over the content of their website, which will be accessible to the general public via a URL nominated by the customer.
- We will provide the customer with a single user license of the application for a lifetime's use.
- We agree to maintain the application and upgrade any security issues without direct cost to the customer.
- We agree to ensure that the application remains compatible with the latest version of computer browsers except for sites where the customer has edited customised scripts.
- We agree to develop new page layouts and functions, helping customers to evolve their public website.
- We agree to maintain a minimum of 85% of upgrades free of charge with an optional 15% of upgrades requiring a small charge for a lifetime's use.
- We will automatically include an SEO program with the application at no extra cost to the customer. This program will run automatically and place links on third-party websites that have some connection to the customer's. These links will send people to the customer's website, helping to increase traffic and improve search engine indexing.
- We will keep confidential the details of any password provided to us and shall not disclose the same to any third party (other than its employees who are required to know the same for the purposes of enabling us to provide the maintenance and support services).
- Neither Mutiny Design nor Help for Heroes is responsible for your website's content. This will be inputted yourself through the content management system.
- The customer shall provide the developer with full cooperation in complying with these Conditions, and provide the developer with such information as may be required to supply your website.
- The customer shall supply the developer with a domain name for their website. If you do not own a domain, we can purchase a domain on your behalf. We will not profit from the sale of such a domain and will simply charge you for the cost (a .co.uk domain costs £2.99 per year with a minimum two-year purchase).
- The customer shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to its activities under these Conditions. Applicable laws include but without limitation those intended to safeguard intellectual property by regulating the reproduction of copyrighted material.
- The customer agrees that the developer will operate an SEO program, which will run automatically and build inbound links from third-party websites. The developer in turn will be able to place seven links at the base of the customer's website, which will link to other third-party websites in order to achieve the correct SEO impact for the customer. The customer accepts that this program is an integrated part of the application and that it can operate for the lifetime of the application.
- The customer agrees that the developer will place two small links at the base of the customer's website, which credit the developer as the website designer. These links will point to the developer's websites: the first will have the words "Web Design" as the anchor text; the second will have the words "Web Development".
- If the customer's website is to be hosted on the developer's servers, the customer agrees to ensure that all material on the website is deemed fit for children unless clearly marked otherwise prior to users accessing the material.
- The customer agrees that the developer has the right to remove the customer's website should any material appear illegal, racist or offensive.
- The customer agrees to use the email addresses supplied with the application for normal business use and not to use the service for any form of mailing that could be designated as spam. The customer further agrees that if their email address is used for sending unsolicited and /or bulk email and the developer's servers become blacklisted as a result, then the customer will be liable for all costs of deregistering the server or of acquiring and implementing new IP addresses.
- All prices quoted in these Conditions exclude VAT.
- The customer will be invoiced for a null amount (£0.00), being the charge under this offer for a single user license to use the application over a lifetime.
No other charges will be made for the application, unless the customer requires one or more of the following:
- Bespoke design work and/or bespoke programming.
- Premium support facilities, including data creation or data entry into the customer's website.
- A domain name for their website, in which case the charge will be as stated in clause 5.2.
- The offer includes one year's free hosting, which is available if the customer's website is hosted on the developer's servers. Should the customer want the developer to continue hosting their website, the hosting fee is £30.00 per annum for a package that includes full hosting, backups and email services.
- The application will be delivered electronically and made available to you via the Internet.
- Delivery time is subject to demand. An estimated delivery time will be given on our sponsorship page and will be updated as soon as possible should the situation change.
Website Content and Copyright
- When inputting content into their website, the customer must obtain written permission to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. Further, the customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the developer from any and all claims resulting from the customer's negligence or inability to obtain permission to reproduce copyrighted material.
Refunds and Cancellation
- The customer will not be able to claim a refund of their donation paid to Help for Heroes.
- Servers and computer equipment may from time to time be inoperative or only partly operational as a consequence of mechanical breakdown, maintenance, hardware or software upgrades, telecommunication connectivity problems or other causes outside of our control. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the uninterrupted availability of your application.
- In the event of any such interruptions, we will notify you by email as soon as reasonably practicable of our inability to provide a full service. We will rectify faults or problems and restore the system to full operational capacity as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Subject to our compliance with clause 10.2, we shall not be held liable for any loss of profit caused to the customer as a result of the system not being fully operational.
- Under no circumstances shall we be liable for damages of any kind arising from your use of the application, including (but without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage, loss of data, profits or business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise. Loss or damage for personal injury or death arising out of negligence are not excluded.
- We shall not be liable for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of a domain name as a result of a technical or any other fault caused by a third party.
- These Conditions shall not prevent us from entering into similar agreements with third parties, or from independently developing, using, selling or licensing materials, products or services which are similar to those provided under these Conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and both parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in relation to any claim, dispute or difference which may arise hereunder or in relation to these Conditions.
Do you Have More Questions: 01743 344 762
In busy periods it might be easier to email our team with your questions allowing us to respond without the need to keep you in a phone cueing system.
Want to help?
If you want to help us and support Help for Heroes, have a look here.
What You Get!
- Free Website including Powerful Content Management System
- Select From Hundreds of Designs
- Unlimited Pages, including...
- Text & Image
- Video Galleries
- Photo Galleries
- Contact Pages
- Case Study Pages
- Testimonial Pages
- News Pages and much more
- 100% Search Engine Friendly
- Geographical Search Engine Module
- Free Hosting for a Year, including...
- Unlimited Email Access
- Unlimited Website Traffic
- Free Sub Domains
- Free Website Backup Service
- Free Technical Support, including...
- Easy to follow support documentation
- Help Videos
- Email Support
- Telephone Support*